Fiber rich, fat free and dairy free.
Sounds bland AF right? They aren’t I promise. My husband even liked them and he likes Ring Dings (is that what those things are even called?). If you know me, you know I LOVE fiber (and these are CHOCK full o’ fiber), all I talk about is fiber, I basically live for fiber. Is that weird? Yeah, probably, I can get more into that later.
But fiber is the secret to weight loss, and/or maintaining a healthy weight, feeling full and flushing fat through the system. It is the magic bullet everyone is always looking for. I thought I said I was going to get into this later… see? I can’t help myself and talking about fiber.
Back to my muffins (that maybe bring all the boys to the yard?).
These are super simple to make, healthy, yummy and look beautiful. All around a winning combo. Trust me. Just do it.
Disclaimer: I am totally NOT a baker, I love love love cooking, but baking is not my thing, I do not like to follow directions and measurements. I like to eye ball it, and for baking that always doesn’t turn out the greatest. With that being said, you may need to add more or less of the liquid products to the recipe for your liking.
- 1 cup grated Apple
- 1 and 1/2 cup Ground Bran (I use the GG crackers that can be bought here and are recommended by the FFactor diet which is a super high in fiber diet, which I LOVE and am a huge fan of. I must hold myself back from gabbing more about fiber here). If you don’t have these crackers, you can grind up All Bran Buds cereal or find pure bran. All of the above works.
- 1 and 1/2 cups of Oats (I used Quick oats but you can use steel cut as well)
- 1/2 cup 0% fat Fage Greek Yogurt (Again, you can use whatever Greek Yogurt you like)
- 1 cup Almond Milk (feel free to use Soy, Rice or Cashew)
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of Salt
- Toppings: I used Slices Almonds, Blueberries (I am blueberry obsessed if you didn’t know, they pack a punch of extra fiber and So. Much. Antioxidant power) and raspberries. You could use chocolate chips, coconut shreds, carob chips…really anything!
Did you try? Let me know if you did and how they came out. x