Nothing feels as good on your skin as a cool mist. It actually is addicting. I think someone should look into that actually, then I would have a valid reason for toting around three different skin mists on any given day. I digress…
Over the past years, I have consciously cleaned out and paired down my makeup and makeup usage. A few years back, I was of the more is better school of though. Now, I am all about natural, feel good, good for you makeup. Why bother putting something on my skin that is not going to make it better, forget something that will dry out my skin or contribute to aging. NO THANKS! I don’t work so hard on my skin health to put nasties back on it.
One product I have found that really helps to hydrate throughout the day are skin mists. I have a few faves that I want to share with you.
I have been trying to completely overhaul all my skincare to be paraben, sulfate and all nasties free. Below are my top recommendations that I have tried and can surely say I love and stand behind.
From left to right:
- Mario Badescu – Cult-favorite. Makeup artist must-have. Revitalizes with dewy radiance. Boosts moisture and glow. It’s a rejuvenating mist infused with herbal and botanical extracts (like Aloe Vera, Gardenia, Rose, Bladderwrack and Thyme) that help soothe and re-energize skin—giving it a healthy, radiant glow. Cruelty and Paraben free. $7
- Hylamide Hydra- Density Mist by Deciem– A hydrating mist with marine saccharides, Australian pepperberry, tea polyphenols and rose for multi-depth water density Advanced treatment to support dermal water density for intense lightweight hydration and comfort. I like that this one has no fragrance. $18
- Tatcha Dewy Skin Mist – There is some debate around this product, some people really do not like it, however, as someone with dry skin, it is a winner for me. I find it leaves my skin ultra glowy. You can buy on Tatcha or Sephora. Formulated without:Parabens, Mineral Oil, Synthetic Colors, Synthetic Fragrances, Sulfate Detergents, Urea, DEA, TEA or Phthalates. $48
- Whamisa Organic Flowers Olive Leaf Mist– An amazing K-Beauty find. Whamisa utilizes a natural fermentation process to distill and preserve the potency of select natural ingredients. This refreshing mist is formulated with 92.5% organic ingredients, which are naturally fermented to preserve maximum efficacy. It is water-free – instead it relies on a blend of Olive, Green Tea Extract and Aloe Vera extracts to help rehydrate and calm dry, depleted skin. Eco-cert & BDIH Standard Certified. You can buy on Glow Recipe, one of my favorite K-Beauty sites. $38
- May Coop Morning Dew Mist– Another K-beauty winner! This refreshing mist really does feel like ‘morning dew’—it’s cooling, hydrating, and refreshing, with a sweet but subtle smell familiar to anyone whose used the brand’s famed Raw Sauce. It hydrates, tones, and improves the complexion with just one quick spritz. Formulated with 98% maple water and 7 different botanical extracts to help make skin appear and feel beautifully radiant and smooth. I bought mine on Peach and Lily $22
- Jurlique Rosewater Balancing Mist – Rose essential oil, marshmallow, and aloe help to hydrate and soften skin, while grapefruit seed extract provides antioxidant protection. This uplifting rose mist instantly refreshes the skin and can be spritzed throughout the day for a quick pick-me-up. It’s quick drying and non-sticky finish makes it the perfect final step to keep makeup looking fresh and dewy all day long. Paraben and sulfate free! $24 on Jurlique and $35 on sephora.
Any of these on your vanity? Do you see your faves here?