I almost feel silly for posting this recipe, however, because it is so utterly delicious I feel that I need to share it with the world. This vegan hummus falafel lettuce wrap has so many flavors and such a great crunch that it is totally satisfying while being completely clean and gluten free. I must admit, it is a knockoff. I was inspired by The Juice Press version here in New York City.
This is perfect for lunch, you can easily bring it to the office with you, eat it on the go or even have this for a light vegan summer dinner when you just do not feel like eating a heavy meal.
- Hummus – You can either make this at home (super simple) or buy it pre-made. To make it at home, you just blend chickpeas with tahini, garlic gloves, salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Collard Greens to wrap it all up in (you can also use romaine leaves if you prefer).
- Falaffel – You can also make this at home or buy it pre-made.
- Slice your tomatoes thinly
- Julienne your cucumbers
- Put a layer of hummus down, crumble your falafel, layer your tomatoes and cucumbers
- Wrap it up in the collard green leaves
AND THAT IS IT. Literally. Done in under 5 minutes and so yummy (perfect for vegan enthuisaists and non-vegans alike)!
Try it and let me know what you think.