Guys. I am giving you fair warning here, you will be utterly and completely obsessed with these good for your brain and beauty boosting CBD + MCT vegan coconut butter cups.
I posted this photo on my Instagram and I have never gotten so many messages about a pic before.
These babies are not only gorgeous but oh-so good for you. Filled with adaptogens, healthy CLA and MCT brain boosting fats (if you haven’t read my MCT oil post you should go and do that now), collagen (read about the benefits of marine sourced collagen here), pearl (major skin glow booster filled with amino acids, stimulates collagen and contains 300 mg of calcium!) and CBD (I lightly spoke about the insane all natural benefits of CBD here but I should really get more into this and I will now!). These little guys filled with skin glowing benefits and bombs of brain boosters.
Before, I get into the recipe, lets touch on CBD, shall we? CBD is the rage right now. If you are not familiar, I urge you to look into it. CBD is short for cannabidiol and is one of the hundreds of compounds that are in the cannabis plant. Now don’t get scared away, many people I talk about this with get nervous when I mention cannabis, but you shouldn’t. Cannabis is the plant species, yes marijuana is a type of cannabis but hemp is also, hemp is NOT marijuana. People seem to get confused by this, and I get it, it is confusing, I had no idea before working with CW Hemp (full disclosure: they are my client under my PR firm). The compound in marijuana that gets you high is THC, not CBD. The THC level in CW Hemp’s CBD extract is .3% which is under legal limits.
CW Hemp CBD extract is 100% legal and no, if used properly, you will NOT get high.
This specific CBD I use comes from premium, non-GMO, USA grown hemp from the Stanley Brothers, CW Hemp. You can use any CBD oil you would like in this recipe but I highly recommend doing your research and making sure it is high quality and comes from a non-gmo source.
CBD has amazing benefits for the body. Our bodies all have an ends-cannabinoid system that is found in our brains to our guts. The simple way of looking at this is a lot of disorders we may have, ranging from anxiety to depression to migraines to sleeplessness come from an imbalance somewhere. CBD’s fit into our receptors to balance whatever that may be. I find that when I take CBD, I feel relaxed, focused and more than anything, CALM.
Now onto my recipe.
You will need:
- Vegan Chocolate Chips
- Coconut Butter my full post on how to make your own bright and beautiful adaptogen filled version here. However, plain store bought works too! My favorite is the Artisana brand)
- Pitaya Powder or better known as Dragonfruit powder (to give you that pink color and Vitamin C boost, if you don’t have, skip, no worries. I ordered mine here)
- Collagen Powder (I ONLY use marine sourced by Vital Proteins but you can choose whatever you like)
- Coconut Oil
- MCT Oil (I like BulletProof’s Brain Octane here)
- CBD Oil (I like CW Hemp’s)
- Pearl Powder (I like the Moon Juice brand a lot)
- Peanut Butter cup molds (this is the one I used)
- Melt on the stovetop 2 cups of vegan chocolate chips (or regular chocolate chips if you prefer) and add 1 tablespoons of coconut oil.
- Remove from heat and stir in 2 Tbsp of collagen powder and fully mix in.
- Then mix in 1 tbsp of MCT Oil and 4 full droppers of CW Hemp’s CBD Oil.
- Fill your molds 1/3 of the way up with chocolate oil mixture
- Put in freezer for 15 minutes and leave the other chocolate out to cool off to room temp.
- While in the freezer, make your adaptogen super coconut butter, take 1 cup of coconut butter and mix in 2 tbsp of Pitaya powder and 1 tablespoon of pearl powder.
- Should be a nice creamy consistency
- After 15 minutes remove tray, add in a dollop (about 1 tsp, it depends on the size of your molds) of your coconut mixture on top of the frozen chocolate. You can do it neatly and spread it out or blob it on like it did.
- By this point your chocolate oil mixture should be room temperature and you can spread that on top of the coconut butter without fully melting it. Spread to the top of the molds.
- Put back in the freezer for another 15 min.
- Remove and Voila!
You can also do this with other powders and extracts. I made another batch with Blue Green algae. Equally as pretty and healthy.
Easy, healthy and gorgeous. I hope you try this out, if you do, post on Instagram and tag me so I can see!